Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Will this job be worth the money?

I have an interview tomorrow and it's a 20 minute drive and a 20 minute drive back. I'll be getting paid about $9 or $10 an hour. Will the job be worth it? I don't know how much hours I'll be working, but let's just say it's 15 hours a week

15 hours a week, probably not.  

It would be worth going to the interview and if they offer a job ask about the hours and then determine, based on that, if it is worth it. At 20 miles away that is roughly $10+. in gas per shift.

• xyzzy

If you are talking about working 2 days a week for $150 then it is worth it. If you are talking about working 5 days a week for the same amount  then maybe not.

Ive known people who commuted farther than that for less money.

• martin

You can make it well worth your while by working for about a month, and then leaving, but not voluntarily, and filing for Unemployment Compensation.

• Dan

See if you can work 2 or 3 days a week for longer hours at a time. 

20 min commute is not considered long. You have to consider if there are many opportunities closer to you. If not then get used to commuting. 

Probably not if you can get something closer.