Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

Need to convert out of state title to instate title in order to register car. Leinholder has title as I’m making payments. Is process hard?


From what I read... in Ohio the title has to be sent to BMV from lienholder and they convert it over to an Ohio title  and send it back to lienholder so that I may register the vehicle. I am just wondering if this is a simple process or if the lienholder may have issues with this. 

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Dealer should be making all the state transfer legwork and provide you the paperwork when you can register it.

  • martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    The only hard part is waiting at the motor vehicle department.  They know how to do it.  Find out in advance on the internet, what proof and papers to bring to the motor vehicle department.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Did you get a loan approval from the lienholder to take over the loan? You have to apply just like they were lending you the money for the remainder of the loan. IF so then they should handle the transfer of title to your state in your name. If not then DUMBASS! You don't even own the vehicle.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.