Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Why can't I just go to sleep at night and not wake up?

• Andy C

Regular exercise and a sleep mask will go far.

I have to say that I've heard this kind of coded message many times from badly depressed people. 

Although I know almost nothing about you, I’m willing to bet that things aren’t as bad as you think they are. You’re looking at things through depression glasses, which make everything look worse. When you recover, things will look very different. Problems that seemed hopeless will suddenly have obvious solutions. You’ll appreciate things as you never have before.

The most important thing is knowing how to cope in a moment of crisis. It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=7s

• martin

People don't die that way.  Some pain would wake you up, if your heart stopped, for example.  If you are depressed, confide in yourself, confronting your worries, and decide what to do, or not to do.

• kelvin

only works that way if you have a major medical condition