Is mixing gold and silver tacky/bad?

I have this locket I really love and a gold chain that I love also and I want to wear them together but not if it looks bad maybe it would look better without the unicorn? Idk I just need a second opinion

I think the colors look fine but it would look better with just the gold chain and no unicorn. It would look cleaner but that's just my opinion. Good luck!

There's nothing wrong with mixing gold and silver. My engagement, wedding and anniversary ring set are all silver and gold together. Harry Winston -the Oscar award jewelers -glitz out movie starts in pieces that combine gold and silver. If Emma Stone and Gwyneth Paltrow are in gold and silver then you can wear the two combined. That's one of those out of date rules that modern women can  ignore.

• ?

who even says any of that

I don't think it's tacky in every case ...they even make jewelry that has gold and silver tones in it. I don't care for this particular look, but if you like it wear it anyway.