Should the government provide food and make selling food illegal?

I think it would be very good for the country if the government would be the only food provider so they can distribute healthy low calorie food to the population and make America a healthy country.

• Jack

I eat healthy for the most part. But this is the government that will bully the rest of the world into nuking us, and I live in NY so I won't have time to take cover. No I don't need uncle Sam pulling a cheeseburger away from me before that happens. Your question is the antagonism of freedom and so is anyone's answer that agrees.

Providing food free does in no way mean it would be used as intended.

.

The government would still have to pay the farmers who raised the crops so they would survive.  That, in turn means taxes to pay for the food would have to be increased on other products and services.

FYI, the government is NEVER the most efficient provider of any product or service....... NOT EVER.

• kswck2

Ah, so if I want a 20 ounce filet, I cannot have one Because the Government says it is not Healthy enough for me? 

Just more Government control. 

I served in the military.  One time I got ahold of the meat that they cook for us.  Grade D, fit for human consumption. 

Yes, if the government were in charge of feeding us, the US people would lose a lot of weight. Just like they did in Venezuela. 

A healthy country requires a very educated one

• Mike

They tried that in the  USSR ,Food lines and suffering

The government already provides healthy food to hundreds of thousands of active duty soldiers. The rest of us can eat what we want.