Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Scared to work because manager tested positive with COVID-19?

So I work in a high end market. I work in a prepared foods part and the bakery. However, I have not worked in bakery in 2 weeks. Just been working in the prepared foods. Anyways, the manager tested positive for coronavirus. And today, I am to work in bakery for 4 hours, and I am getting paranoid. Because it is Monday, and I believe he was there on Friday. Notice was posted Saturday. It’s not so much that I’m scared about the area, but worried about the other workers that I work with, if they have been exposed to him. Do I make a stink with HR? And express concern? Or just do my shift? I am 18 years old with a lot of things coming up, seeing grandparents. So I am scared about the risk. What would you do? Need some thoughts, opinions, suggestions. Please and thank you. 

Yes, wear a mask all of the shift, gloves etc

• Edna

Keep on working your usual shift and do the job you were hired to do. Just because your manager tested positive for corona virus, that doesn't mean that you or anyone you work with is going to contract it from him.

Your manager tested positive for corona virus, and so he's probably quarantined at home for at least the next 14 days, and you're not in contact with him. He was already infected and contagious to you and the people around him for several days BEFORE he was tested. On average it takes 5 to 6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show.

If you or the other workers were going to contract corona virus from your manager, you would probably already be exhibiting some of the symptoms.

not a soul got it here...  I Army 91B Combat Medic... No one even old died from C19,, it 100% political now

Source(s): old folks die.... I sat next to Mother in Law.. I liked her.... She died
  • L

Chicken Little - the Sky is Falling!  If you're scared of everything - find a different job!

Get better masks.  N95s are probably still hard to come by but KN95s are readily available, you may have to order on line.  I get them from one of my flooring supply vendors and wear them all the time at work.  Keep your distance, wash your hands a lot, don’t touch your face, sanitize surfaces and pay careful attention to how you remove your mask and clothing and clean them.

If you can afford it, don’t work.

• Tj

Take all precautions, keep away from co workers. wear your mask, keep washing your hands often. Stay away from grandparents. If there is violation of your states  restrictions, go to hr or call the police.

If you got the mask BATMAN then there is nothing else.  Just make sure to wash hand well at end of shift and bugger off.  You had mask and it stops you inhaling the bug into your lungs. Wear eye protection too.

• Alan H

It should provide no more risk than anywhere else.   If all physical distancing is practiced you are at very low risk of suffering yourself, and with 

hand washing , protective gel, etc nor should you transmit it

• Susie

Aren’t you wearing a mask, washing your hands properly, and taking all the precautions that we should all be taking?  If so, you have very much limited your risk to exposure.  

• Rick B

Do you have diabetes?  Are you overweight?  Do you have chronic lung disease?  If you are a fairly healthy young person. there is very little to worry about.  IF you get it, you would most likely have a very minor case.