Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Is this a good plan to lose weight (see details)?

I currently weigh 183 lbs.

I’d like to get down to 150.

I never eat breakfast, so there won’t be breakfast.

For lunch, I would eat fruit and vegetables only.

For dinner, I would eat probably more vegetables and if, I feel like cooking, some chicken. But probably just eggs or a turkey sandwich. I completely cut out soda, and strictly drink water.

Working out is pretty much not gonna happen if I’m being honest with myself. But would I at least lose some weight over time by eating healthy foods

This is quite good. I would suggest that keep your body hydrated during this meal plan. Water is extremely important. 

Out of it, your plan is completely healthy. Try to keep change in fruits so you get variety of nutrients. 

Good luck..!

this looks pretty good. one slight change I would recommend is for dinner try to stick to the vegetables only or try to skip dinner altogether. whatever you eat at night tends to go straight to your body so id recommend fasting before you go to bed. if its really hard try seeing if you can drink more water or chew some gum or even drink some black coffee. if you're finding it really hard id get one of those waist trainers or corset-like things. they make it so you dont get hungry and also eat less when you are. you should be down to 150 in just a couple months if you do this

It could be better. Your body needs fuel during the day.  So you should eat a little something in the AM and your lunch should include protein.  Don't eat most of your calories and also carbs from bread and fruit at night.  If you are going to eat a sandwich, eat it at lunch time when your body will use the glucose.

Your body doesn't need sugar, but it does need protein and fats.  Eating small amounts of good fats like a little olive oil on your veggies or taking fish oil supplements or eating salmon, is healthy.   Soda is not healthy.  Neither is milk or fruit juice.  You can drink coffee or tea (with or without caffeine) as well as water.  Weight loss is mostly about calories and diet. If you create a daily calorie deficit by eating 500 calories less than you burn (use a BMR or TDEE calculator), your will lose about a pound of fat a week.  

yes you will lose some weight. good luck

• kelvin

and at that rate you are gonna have a long way too go to get to that weight and you need to exercise and yes you will lose weight and it will take a year

• Rick B

No, that is a horrible plan.  You need to eat four or five small meals including breakfast.  Breaking your nightly fast is what gets your metabolism moving.  You need to concentrate on protein and vegetables with each meal.  Some fruit is okay, but should be limited as it is high in sugar.  

If you are not going to increase your activity and burn more calories, you are very unlikely to succeed.  Losing weight and keeping it off is a lifestyle change, not  a temporary plan.  You need a sustainable plan, not a fad.  You need to find healthy protein-rich foods that you enjoy and increase your activity.

Weight is a simple math problem.  If you burn more calories than you consume, then you lose weight.