Is NYC open for tourists yet ?

Before this whole thing happened I used to go to the city once or twice a month. Whenever I was having a really bad week I always had that trip to New York to look forward to. It was a place for me to get out of my own head and forget about life for a while. It has been 7 months since I been there and my sanity is hanging by a thread. I have already had COVID19 and am not afraid of getting it again. I live by myself so I ain't a risk to my family. So what would happen if I just hopped a bus and went there. Keep in mind I work at a grocery store and if I do go I plan on taking 2 weeks off just in case.

• DON W

Well, there's not much open yet.  No Broadway shows, few museums.  Some stores and restaurants are open.  Hotels are open but with a lot of restrictions in place.

If you've been documented as having COVID and would not be a hazard to yourself or to others, just walking around the city would probably be safe.  Bring the document with you showing that you have already had the COVID virus and are fully recovered.

• MS

You could walk around the city, but there isn't much to do - most all of the tourist attractions are still closed, such as shows, museums, tours, etc. 

There is also a quarantine in place for visitors from some states - meaning you have to quarantine IN New York after you arrive and before you can go out and do anything, in which case you'd be paying for a hotel accommodation that whole time.  So I would check the status of that if you're from out of state.

I'd really suggest not...