Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 4 months ago

Are Leeds United bigger than Chelsea?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

@ zapata

Ever seen how many Greggs there are in Leeds city centre. A close run thing with Glasgow for Greggs capital of the world .

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Chelsea is still better than Leeds at least for the current period.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Don't be silly..............

• that's pretty close...as you'll see in the new season..you watch  tsport?   lol,   there's been a debate about which clubs are bigger than Rangers........Glasgow not QPR   lol..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zapata
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

LoL. In their dreams. Chelsea could buy Leeds six times over and still have change for the bus. 

Leeds fans live with their heads in the 1970s, the only similarity between now and then is EVERYONE (quite seriously) still thinks Leeds are dirty cloggers and their fans are violent morons. 

Leeds as a city is a sad. featureless, forgotten provincial hole full of extremely ugly people who grunt when they talk, that's when they are not scraping their knuckles on the pavement.  It does have a branch of Harvey Nichols, mind you, as they love to remind us. It also has a Starbucks, a BetFred, and TWO (yes...TWO!!!)  McDonalds, so it must be the most exciting place in Yorkshire....

Stick to Rugby League and grooming your whippets.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Not at the moment, no. I agree that there was a time when Leeds were definitely one of the biggest clubs in the country and I well remember that they figured in the '70, '72 and '73 Cup Finals winning the big one in 1972 which was the Centenary, I believe and funnily enough against Arsenal who themselves won the 1971 final against Liverpool.

Chelsea may have bought a lot of their success but, having achieved that success, their fan base I think by far exceeds Leeds at the mo.

• 4 months ago

I’d say leeds are bigger. They’ve got a good history and big fanbase. Unlike Chelsea they never bought their history. 

Before Leeds was poorly managed and lead to their Demise, they were one of the top teams in England. They were always lingering around the top 4. They were always above Chelsea and that was without all the Russian money that Chelsea got in the end. 

You could compare Leeds with Aston Villa. They’re not the best of teams but they’re still two big iconic clubs. That have gained past success and notoriety through size not through money. 

• Adam
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

No, they have a bigger fan base arguably but Chelsea have been more successful recently

• 4 months ago

No Chelsea have won more of every trophy available, have more money, better stadium, more fans worldwide, Leeds are nothing compared to Chelsea. 

• 4 months ago

Leeds were champions in 1992.

Chelsea became world class once the Bosman Ruling came into effect and they brought in Ruud Gullit as player manager i think it was, in 1995/96 who then would go on and bring in the likes of Gianluca Vialli and Frank Lebouf  as well as Italian Playmaker Roberto Di Matteo in 1996/97.

Leeds United are not bigger than Chelsea, Chelsea are not living in the past they've been making history in the modern era by winning the Premier League a few times, the Champions League, Europa, FA Cup League cup etc.

Leeds will do well to finish 10th - 14th in the Prem in their first season.

Thats the kind of positions they use to occupy in the prem in the mid 90s.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.