Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Should bother fixing an airbag light on a $3000 car?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • not
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The airbag is a value to the ocuupants. Not related to the value of the car.

Should you spend $1000 on a $3000 car or spend $40,000 on another car is not a question on what the car is worth. In the next year you can easily lose $10,000 of value on the 40k car( not to mention fees and taxes). If the $1000 keeps the $3000 car going for a year then you saved $9000. You can take a $9000 vacation while someone else works to pay off a car.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get it scanned and find out what the issue(s) is or are.  The issue could be something as simple as a seat belt buckle.  

If you choose to ignore it, and you are involved in a serious collision, the airbags likely won't deploy if the light is on.

• 2 months ago

I'd put a piece of black electrical tape over the SRS light and just where a seat belt. Repairing air bags can cost over the price of the vehicle.

• 2 months ago

Some of those things have been known to explode at high pressure for no reason at all.  I would at least get it looked at.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get it fixed.  It is likely a seat belt sensor issue.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That would depend on if it's the airbag or not

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

In some places that require a safety inspection, it's mandatory.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

As it is a safety issue, yes. In the UK that would be an MOT fail.

• 2 months ago

People used to drive around all the time without airbags.   But of course when they did crash, they tended to die more often.

I would at least find out what the trouble is and the cost of fixing it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.