Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Boyfriend wants me to remove social media posts that include my past partner --should I?

I am divorced.  I was with my previous partner for 11 years, 3 of which we were married.  My current boyfriend states he does not want to be friends with me on social media because he does not want to see my old posts.  He thinks I should be taking down any posts that display my old relationship.  

However--I am only 32 years old. This would mean removing pictures of memories from much of my life leading up to now.  A lot of these images include places I have been, past friends, family members and coworkers.  

I don't know exactly where I should draw the line.  My mother thinks I should at least remove my wedding album, but I have friends who said they did not want the pictures taken down because they are in them.  What should stay and what should go?

No, as you are just your own person.

Source(s): Reality.

You're the only person who gets to decide that. Your BF can just not be friends with you on social media if he doesn't want to. Your social media is for you, not him. 

I think it's perfectly fine that you aren't friends with him on social media then. You see him in person, likely communicate over the phone, maybe email or txt. You two don't have to be social media friends. Period. Do what you want. See your bf in person. Live your best life. He doesn't get to be in charge of who you are. 

slut wans her dic onna side

• Tj

At your age, get off the social media already. Shut it down, solve the entire problem.

• Ricky

No wonder your divorced. Probably youlle end up divorced again. With the next guy. I hope you come to an understanding that you won't find better 

No, you do not need to do that. He should respect your reasons and get over himself. Do what you want.

Your current boyfriend is really insecure, isn't he?  And apparently he has a habit of rifling through your facebook page, scrolling through past posts.  I'd tell him to kiss myAss and then?  I'd dump him. 

People like him have real mental problems. 

• Jesere

You are partners, he isn't your parent. No, why erase your life before your boyfriend came around. Is he gonna be around for how long?

• Just make them private. If it's Facebook that is.