Is there an app that will take money straight from your account to a savings account? ?

Some of us may have problems with saving. My issue is physically taking out the money, and seeing how much I have left to work with.

My dad works for septa and says that if he takes a loan out from his job, every paycheck, BEFORE he even gets it yet, they deduct their amount first.

I'd like an app like that that knows when I get paid, and automatically takes the money out of my account for me. An easier way to take the emotions out of saving!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

For security reasons, you will need to go to the bank in person and sign a form (after showing ID) which will automatically make the transfer.  If you don't want to go in person, call the bank to see if this can be done by mail.

sure. Talk to your bank about a routine auto-transfer. {But, get tougher mentally.}

This is easy. Open a savings account, either with your bank or somewhere else. then ask your bank to set up a standing order, on or just after payday, to transfer $x from your account to the savings account. Treat it like a bill.... Something that needs to be paid!

My bank lets me schedule a recurring automatic transfer from one account to another. Just schedule it after the deposit goes in. Or have your employer split the direct deposit up into two accounts. You don't want some app going and moving your money around. 

• Eva

You can set up automatic transfers from your checking to savings. Your job may be able to direct a portion of your pay to your savings account and the remainder to checking.

You don't need a separate app for that.   Most financial institutions already have a service like that.   You just need to set it up.

learn to live without apps.