How do I get out of Australia?

The state of constant fear and prolonged cautionary measures hasn't prevented us from the current spikes we are witnessing currently in Victoria and talk of similar circumstances occurring soon to be seen in other states particularly NSW. Including the real possibility of starting back at square one, the state of unknown and absence of a real method of elimination has left people wondering just how long are we to drastically slow down our way of life and repeat the same lockdown measures before we see some sort of preventative success. My real question in all of this is some people want to continue their life, some people want to see family members before they die, some people want to see their love ones. How is Europe and Asia opening their borders to travel on the back of thousands even tens of thousands of deaths and we are sitting here locking the country down with people not even allowed to leave the country on the back of a few hundred deaths? What's the problem with letting people out of the country what's the problem with testing them before they come in? Yes we are an island but that didn't stop them from letting visa students arriving from overseas while we had to lock down. What the hell is the real method of attack here? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Orla C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on which European country you're talking about. The second wave is now coming in Ireland as people have become frighteningly complacent, the UK was a badly-managed disaster from the get-go, but other countries handled it well, and had lockdowns strictly enforced, but they have been getting clusters of second waves but have kept those localised.

If you didn't like lockdown in Australia, you'll hate it in any other country. So stop whingeing. 

• 2 months ago

Get a grip on yourself, i can't stand self pity, do as they advise and ride it out, WA are back to normal, SA doing well except some idiot from Vic sneaked in, same goes for Qld, NSW was doing well and still is except for the damage another idiot fron Vic brought with him. if those idiots in that hotel had of kept it in their pants and kept their legs closed it would almost be gone now, so stick with it, do the right thing and Vic will get on top of it again.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I kind of have to agree with you, this latest lockdown seems unnecessary at the moment with the numbers of new cases we have and should have been imposed from the start of the last lockdown.

Many countries all over the world would kill to have Australia's new case numbers so they could lessen their own restrictions, unless they're not telling how bad this out break is the numbers look stabilized. I believe Victoria health is doing a good job apart from not imposing this latest lockdown from the start of the Melbourne lockdown, that would have stopped people coming in and out of the state and taking this spread further, lessons learned I hope.

• 2 months ago

Not sure why you imagine anyone else is doing better (other than NZ)

But - if you wanted to move elsewhere, you'd need a visa, just as anyone would if migrating to Australia. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You are free to leave Australia anytime. The problem could be finding an alternative country that will accept you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.