No check yet for some seniors, why?

• Kini

I am a senior and never file a tax return but I did file one this year for 2019 to get a stimulus check. I still dont know if it was necessary.

• kswck2

The Government knows that WE invented all the toys you snowflakes cannot live without now. 

It's coming. 

If you are talking about the stimulus check everyone will get one IF they made under $45,000.00 a year, for which I think is fair.

If you are talking about your SS check? better call your SS office and find out why.

YOU would get a letter from SS if they are not issuing checks to anyone first before they do it.

If you mean the first round of stimulates checks, some people no matter their age didn't qualify for the checks.  You have to have paid taxes last year.

• RP

As long as the Senate Republicans are unable to present an alternative to the House-passed blll, nothing will happen unless the negotiations between Rep Pelosi and Sen Schumer with the WH Chief of Staff and Treasury Sec Menuchin are successful.

• Sam

If you really want to know,

then read @Judith answer. 

It saved me a lot of typing. 

• Judith

Just what checks are you talking about exactly?  Stimulus?  Social Security?  SSI?  What?

If you are talking about stimulus checks, not all seniors are due them.  Maybe their income is too high.  Anyone whose income tax returns are still under review aren't getting them until the review is done.  Anyone claimed as a dependent on someone else's income tax return isn't due one.  Also, people who don't use direct deposit are getting them later than those who do.  I think people who don't file income tax returns might have delays as well.  All sorts of reasons.

I have direct deposit and actually got my stimulus check on April 15th.

• Snid

Individual cases need to check for themselves why they have not received a check.

• God

There income may be too high.