Nic

Boyfriend has a broken collarbone. How to get him to take it easy?

My boyfriend Ryder broke his collarbone last week dirt biking. The bike is a right-off but he's lucky he wasn't more badly injured. He had surgery and is in a sling for 6 weeks. Ryder is hopeless at sitting still so trying to convince him to stay away from sports is near impossible. Any suggestions on keeping him entertained and away from physical activity would be greatly appreciated.  

You are not responsible for entertaining a selfish bloke who wants to gallivant when he's injured.  If he wants to overdo it, let him.  His injury will soon tell him that he can't do everything he wants to do.  Then you can tell him 'I told you so'.  He's going to do what he wants to do anyway.  I wouldn't bother my head over it.  You have no doubt told him to take it easy.  He's an adult (maybe an immature one) so will do what he wants anyway.

You don't have to worry about anything.  His busted collar bone will let him know right away if he pushes his body too hard.  And he'll get the message loud and clear, make no mistake.