Brian asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Are certain subjects not allowed to ask questions about in yahoo answers?

Reason I ask is I posted a picture of a medical problem a friend was having; and the question never posted.  What is going on?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I asked a question about Danny Masterson, and it was deleted for no reason, leading me to believe Y! Answers can delete something for no reason at all. It's not that it's not allowed, just that if Y! doesn't like it, they quietly get rid of it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, any subject can be asked. 

Lv 7
    2 months ago

The image may have been an issue. You may post a question about anything, but if it's a violation of Community Guidelines or Terms of Service, it may get reported/removed. 

As for medical questions, remember most of the users here are not trained healthcare professionals, so asking people to diagnose a problem or suggest treatment for an issue isn't likely to get good results and any recommendations should still be run past a trained healthcare professional (in many cases). 

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Questions about suicide are not allowed, but they will post.

Computers aren't smart enough to determine what a question is about, and VERIZON is not going to hire people to review questions before they appear

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why are you trying to have something diagnosed online in the first place?  Posting a picture here to ask what something is is ridiculous.  Let me guess, you posted a picture of a common rash to ask if it's cancer.

• 2 months ago

You posted a photo of your friend's body onto this site? Do you have any idea of how weird that is?

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

As long as its not Rated R It should be Ok If its not showing in the Category Boards its Possible the Filter Flagged it for some Reason if you have a Picture Attached to it or have links in your Question or have curse words that can cause it to be Flagged Try Removing any of those things if you have any of that in there and Hopefully it will show up 

If you dont have any of that then it may just be Stuck in the Filter there are 2 things you can try that may get it Unstuck 

Try Editing the Category of your Question and move it to a Different one and then back to the Original that may Help get it unstuck 

Edit your Question and Add something to it sometimes that gets it Unstuck

Should this not work then there is nothing else you can do

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Many "questions" are poorly veiled Rants, or malicious statements. They are too often factious, misrepresentation, or false statements, political in nature.

You should read the "Terms of Use" and "Community Standards". The application of which is often capricious, and arbitrary.

Also, Two or More Reports may censor (remove) a post.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

We are not medical professionals. Best you use WebMD.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.