Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

How much should I be feeding my 8 week old kitten?

My kitten is 8 weeks old and weighs 1.6 pounds, I’m feeding her Purina One healthy kitten formula (both wet and dry types). The bag for the dry food recommends giving her 1/3 cup daily, so I leave that out for her to free feed. But in addition, I give her 1 can of the wet canned food per day. Half in the morning, half at night. She has access to fresh water all day as well. Am I giving her too much food, or should I be feeding her less dry food since I’m also feeding her wet food? It’s just a little confusing to me!

The wet food is 3 oz

feed her ,more wet food and give dry food as a treat only or for the night. cats can not get fat on wet food - it is mostly water. and it is weird your cat eats canned food - mine just licks a few times and that's it. he likes bits in jelly or souse. 

• J

Small kittens should always have dry food available. They are growing and should be able to eat when they want. If you notice the kitten getting fat, then cut back on the food. Adult cats should get a limited amount so they maintain a healthy weight.