What are some other jobs involving animals besides a veterinarian?

I used to want to be a vet and although I do love dogs, I realized being stuck at a clinic all day seeing pets for “check ups” doesn’t sound too exciting. And the fact I’ll have to put them down which I can deal with. I’ve noticed I get excited about the idea of exploring, discovering new things like a marine biologist uncovering the ocean. (but I hear that’s a hard field). I also thought about a wildlife rehabilitator because exotic animals are just so interesting to study but my dad says that pays really low. I need some other options?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Zoologist, animal breeder, zoo employee, wildlife biologist, park ranger, entomologist, marine biologist, whale watching tour boat operator.

• 2 months ago

Animal control officer.  Now that's a fun career.  Most days you'll be picking up dogs and cats running loose.  Some days you'll be lending out opossum traps.  Then there are the days when you crawl under a house looking for skunks.

We had some excitement here in Los Angeles a few years ago with animal control officers catching a couple of alligators.

• 2 months ago

Move to Florida and work at Sea World.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.