Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

I have to be one of the most hardworking productive focused people at my retail job yet they keep cutting my hours?

I pick up shifts others dont want like its my second job. Why cant they just give me the hours i want?

I cant keep asking the managers every few weeks to give me more hours. Its ridiculous.

Is your hourly rate higher than their rate? It could be a possibility that it cost them more to give you more hours if that is the case. Maybe because they are demanding more hours and you are not

maybe you should work for someone else

Unfortunately, that's just how it is in most customer service positions. I've been there and done that but just quit when employers tried to pull that crap on me. There will always be somewhere else to work. Why put up with it if you feel disrespected? Would you put up with an abusive partner? It's basically the same with an abusive employer. Don't put up with their garbage if you wouldn't put up from anyone else.

I'm sure with your skills it shouldn't be too hard to find another job in a short amount of time. Most of the time when I am looking for a job I get hired in under 2 weeks flat. 

• drip

You ask for more hours. What is the reply from your boss? 

Have an actual conversation with you boss about your hours. Ask for a few minutes of their time to sit down and talk. 

Can you have more hours. Can you have specific hours. Ask why you don’t get more hours.

If you feel you are being overlooked, have a conversation with your Manager's Manager and/or your company's HR Department.