Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

When the comments will come back here on Yahoo?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

the removal of comments simple amounts to censorship , at a rough guess i would say that governments do not like a platform for people to express their views,  expositing  the way that government behave,  I believe that pressure from government as been exercised on yahoo to remove the ability to comment on government activity the freedom of speech is being reduced ,   

• 2 months ago

They are concerned that we can catch Coronavirus through typed comments!

Lv 7
    2 months ago

Per Yahoo:

"In order to strengthen and improve community and engagement, we are temporarily disabling comments.

Our goal is always to create a safe, engaging place to connect over interests and passions and we’d love your feedback on how to improve this experience. Please email us your feedback at yahoocommentfeedback@verizonmedia.com"

What that means is WE do not know and Yahoo has not chosen to put a timeline on it. We don't know for sure that they'll be returned at all (this is the first time they've requested feedback on the topic, so if you want them back give your feedback...I did, and I'm fine with comments NOT being reinstated). 

• 2 months ago

i would guess when they feel they are getting more support for their left wing agenda.  

free speech is not one of them.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Has nothing to do with the election.  

Forget about it and move on because if it isn't back in another week or two then it isn't coming back. 

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yahoo did not say when they will turn it back on 

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Commenting on answers has been removed because people have been abusing the comment section. For how long we don't know. It could be temporary, or it could be permanent.

• 2 months ago

Middle of December at the earliest, maybe sometime in January. Very likely the election results will be very controversial and contested. The Supreme Court can't decide who gets sworn into office until the next session of Congress starts on January 3. 

• SOT3
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Christmas at the earliest (after the election).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.