Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 3 months ago

Is anyone else appalled about entire teams kneeling for the anthem?

Good for the hockey teams that were standing.

Here are my thoughts: like the protesters, these people couldn't create a country a quarter as great as this one, which gave them the opportunity to play professional sports in the first place. For a while, I've just assumed it was a couple players here and there, but I found out that entire teams were kneeling. I cannot believe it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I'm appalled about all the fake racism all over the "fake news" aka the news and tv.

• 3 months ago

No, that doesn't surprise or bother me at all.

• I think people who get worked up over someone kneeling during an anthem is projecting and overcompensating.  Matt Dumba took a knee yesterday.  Never been prouder to be Canadian.  I've got all day for athletes speaking out on social issues.  Also- the men who entered Breona Taylor's house and killed her for no reason should be in jail.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

I'm pleased they're kneeling. The racism in this country is endemic, and if public figures can help end it, I encourage them to do so.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

The hockey players aren't kneeling, but you still have to sit through about 20 minutes of bullsh*t race politics from network producers before the game starts.  I'd rather they just kneel and then get on with the  game.  I watch sporting events to get away from this crap.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.