Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 3 months ago

Is anyone else appalled about entire teams kneeling for the anthem?

Good for the hockey teams that were standing.

Here are my thoughts: like the protesters, these people couldn't create a country a quarter as great as this one, which gave them the opportunity to play professional sports in the first place. For a while, I've just assumed it was a couple players here and there, but I found out that entire teams were kneeling. I cannot believe it.

I'm appalled about all the fake racism all over the "fake news" aka the news and tv.

No, that doesn't surprise or bother me at all.

• I think people who get worked up over someone kneeling during an anthem is projecting and overcompensating.  Matt Dumba took a knee yesterday.  Never been prouder to be Canadian.  I've got all day for athletes speaking out on social issues.  Also- the men who entered Breona Taylor's house and killed her for no reason should be in jail.

I'm pleased they're kneeling. The racism in this country is endemic, and if public figures can help end it, I encourage them to do so.

The hockey players aren't kneeling, but you still have to sit through about 20 minutes of bullsh*t race politics from network producers before the game starts.  I'd rather they just kneel and then get on with the  game.  I watch sporting events to get away from this crap.