i was driving on my privatly owned and maintained road, texting and broke my gatepost, the state (co)  wrote me a 12 point ticket?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

How did they find out?  How would they have known you were texting?  If it were truly a "private" road you wouldn't have been ticketed.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

How did the state get involved? 

On the citation, it will clearly state where you were. It will name the public highway that you were upon when you committed the offense.  The citation will also clearly state the law or ordinance which you violated. So exactly what does your citation say?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

That road is not YOUR "Privately owned road"

Look, it is like this.  If you have farm land and you are out in the middle of YOUR FIELD then you can hit your tree(and NOBODY CARES)

But when the state wrote you a 12 point ticket, then the road is not yours.

That simple.

• 6 months ago

Have a hearing.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Thanks for sharing that with us,

Tip:  Don't text while driving.

• 6 months ago

Yes they did.  Thank you for asking.

You do realize that your privately owned road may still be designated as a public thoroughfare, right?  If it is, traffic laws still apply.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Not legally possible, and it's privately.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Sounds like another troll story.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Check with a lawyer. The state may not have jurisdiction. Legal advice on Y!A is worth every cent you pay for it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.