Spacex demo2dragon landed today,and got swarmed by civilian boats during it's recover effort,why was there no perimeter security enforcement?

Most mariners are responsible, even if there are a few yahoos on the water. Their boats are expensive, their fuel is expensive, their slip is expensive, their insurance is expensive, their club membership is expensive. Therefore yachties have many reasons to stay safe. 

That there was a spectator fleet is no biggy. It happens in everything from the Americas Cup to hydroplane regattas. Most yacht clubs do a float pass to salute the commodore on the official first day of the season, so operators do get experience with working as a fleet. 

I do not see why space landings should be different. I watched the video and did not see a single vessel being operated in an irresponsible manner. Not a single vessel impeded the assigned recovery RIBs in any way.  I therefore do not know what you are on about here. 

I guess the company didn't think it would be needed. They must have underestimated the number of thoughtless idiots who would be out on the water that day.

• Clem

Ya they need to take people to jail right, only the government should be able to document this kind of thing.......... Thats the problem with youtube, everyone just thinks they have the freedom to film stuff and post it online..................hahaah

SpaceX is a privately owned business. It DOES NOT have to hire and pay insurance for security. Taxpayer dollars are NOT directly funding SpaceX. SpaceX has contracts with NASA. SpaceX is NOT a federal government agency or a branch of the military.  

• Robert

I bet there will be much more security when the debris from the 2020 Mars rover rocket lands in the Pacific Ocean later this week. 

They were all angry taxpayers, demanding to know what their tax dollars were subsidising. I hope they all had their COVID masks on.