Matt asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Where can I find non-judgemental people?

I have a young stepson whose dad left at two months. I love my wife and my son. I’m tired of ”friends” judging and calling me beta for ”raising another man’s child”. It’s honestly so annoying. 28M with 2M.

As a man you have to be confident in who you are and your decisions. What they say is not important and you already know it. It’s is frustrating and disrespectful for your friends to keep that up. So let them go. Time for new friends for your new family. 

If you want to be keep them as friends than tell them to stop disrespecting your family!! That’s your son and your wife. If They have any opinions, that was all cool with the jokes BEFORE you were married. But now that’s your wife. It’s not cool, and they can get the hell out of your life. 

If somebody still wants to make a comment, than It’s ok to even punch one of them in the mouth. They earned it. Even if it comes with you getting an *** whipping, it’s about respect. Don’t be disrespectful to my family!!! Cut the jerks and get new friends.. 

• Nat

Your friends sound like complete losers, and you sound like 5 times the man they'll ever be

• LizB

So the other guy is "alpha" because his left ejaculate somewhere and wussed out of the real work that resulted from it? I don't get that logic at all. IMO there's nothing more "beta" than wanting all of the benefits of manhood but taking none of the responsibility.

Fact is, that guy has to live his life knowing that his child is calling another man Dad, because YOU are the one who is actually there. That kid loves YOU. He looks up to YOU. When he needs an example of what a man should be, YOU are that man. Someday it's going to bother him that he has no real relationship with his own offspring, and it will be too late because you're the kid's real Dad. "Father" is a biological descriptor, but Dad is a title that is earned.

No one has the right to judge you so ignore what they think and continue your life the way you want, sure it can be hard being a step dad but as long as you show love to the kids and raise then right you have nothing to worry about, Good Luck