Ford engine swap in a Mazda6?

I'm looking at purchasing a 2018 Mazda6 soon and I'm curious about doing an engine swap. I've recently thought about swapping the skyactive motor for a 3.7L V6 out of a 2015 mustang and installing a procharger kit. I'm a novice at this and I'm just wondering if it's possible, and how to go about with the swap.

"I'm looking at purchasing a 2018 Mazda6 soon"

Okay

"I'm curious about doing an engine swap."

Not sure why you would do that on a car that's still under powertrain warranty.

" I've recently thought about swapping the skyactive motor for a 3.7L V6 out of a 2015 mustang and installing a procharger kit."

I'm guessing you're not all that familiar or knowledgeable about this sort of thing.

- The Mustang is rear wheel drive. The engine is mounted longitudinally. The Mazda is front wheel drive. It's engine is mounted transversely.  Fundamentally, the Mustang engine will not physically fit. 

- If you found a transversely mounted 3.7L V6 from an Taurus/Explorer Interceptor, it won't bolt up to the stock transmission on the Mazda. Trying to get a Ford transmission to fit won't be easy either.

- The Mazda 6 only had I4's available from the factory. There's a fair chance that a V6 won't fit anyway

- Suppose spend the tens of thousands of dollars to get the V6, the transmission to go with it, and the large amount of custom fabrication necessary for this to happen. And you somehow get a procharger to mount up to this transversely mounted engine. Do you think the stock CV joints will hold up to that kind of power? Hell no.  So you're going to have custom one-off CV joints made so your car can be driven without breaking.

- You're also going to need the following :  New radiator, custom made exhaust, new motor mounts, custom wiring harness, and some custom ecu,and bcm software to get the Mazda's electronics to work in conjunction with the Ford's engine/transmission electronics.

Basically this is a pretty questionable idea.  You'd be money head just to buy a V6 Mustang in addition to the Mazda. 

• F

In theory anything’s possible if you throw enough money at it. So you modify all the engine mounts so it fits ( V6s are quite compact, should fit in the I4 space ), you’ ll need a near gear box too.

Possibly the brakes and suspension will need up grading to cope with more power. For what? A Mazda 6 that’s worth less than when you started, probably handles worse and uses far more fuel.

Better to sell the Mazda and buy a Mustang.

Why cant you leave your car alone when it is not broken?

• Geo

It would be a very expensive thing to do and your Transaxle might fail with a lot more power. Better to get a V8 Mustang and do minor mods for plenty of power. But to your question: You can swap anything into anything if you're willing to spend crazy money.

leave it for the pros