What do you like with your Steak ?

what sort of relishes, sides ?

I like thick cut chips (Fries) and some coleslaw on the side.

i want inspiration.  what should I try rather than chips and coleslaw ? I got a pack of frozen steaks which I need to finish, so i can make some room in the freezer. If any Steak lovers got some ideas, I'm all ears.

Thank you CB for your sharing your recipe, that does sound rather appetising I must say.

I make a cracked pepper,butter,olive oil and Whiskey reduced sauce to top my steaks at times, soooo good. I like baked potato, grilled vegetables, sauteed mushrooms are good on top or the side also. An Iceberg wedge with a freshly made blue cheese or roquefort dressing, or fry up some bacon and use the bacon fat as a dressing with crumbled bacon atop. Garlic bread is a must, sourdough loaf with butter,garlic and parsley in between the slices wrapped in foil and baked till crisp edges and hot. A big Bloody Mary cocktail is a must.

I like a side of brown rice (not fried) and broccoli with my grilled steak (cooked medium). And I’ll wash it down with something that’s 100% NON alcoholic because I refuse to drink ANYTHING that’s alcoholic.

Shabazzle: It would be a crime to recommend you do this with fresh cut steaks, but you say yours are frozen. Marinate them for 2 or 3 days in soy, Worcestershire, onion, garlic, a wee tiny bit of liquid smoke, a little oil, a little vinegar, and some salt and pepper. Put it all in a zip lock bag. Keep turning bag over once in the morning, once in the evening. Heat the grill up to 400F, slap 'em on for 5 minutes per side, then enjoy with an ice cold beer in a frosted mug. If you're really hellbent on some kind of relish, maybe some sliced green peppers and onions in Italian dressing?

My classic is steak, some sort of potato, green vege and a salad.

Of course mushrooms of any sort always welcome.

And if I am being fancy, red wine and a grand dessert.

But I have to confess, sometimes it’s just the steak, perfectly seasoned, cooked and rested with copious amounts of red wine.

• KTJoe

I like the traditional; string beans, gravy, mashed red potatoes or egg-noodles. Maybe a side of two lovely Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits.

I love a really well cooked steak, no more than medium rare, and with it I like to have a sauteed mixture of onions and mushrooms, very well crafted french fries and a nice small salad with a vinaigrette rather than a creamy dressing and a small pat of herb butter on the steak once it is off the griddle so that it will melt down onto my steak and give it that much more flavor.

Steak egg chips peas onions and mushrooms one great meal

• F

Mushrooms and onions. Some sort of potato, probably chunky chips or wedges. Knob If flavoured butter or soft cheese melted on top or a creamy pepper corn sauce.

Nice bottle of red, maybe a Shiraz .

• kswck2

A well made steak needs no 'sides'. Cook the steak in an iron skillet-heat till smoking. Cook on one side, flip. Add butter, garlic and a fresh rosemary stalk. Spoon butter and garlic over steak, dab with rosemary stalk. Serve with the butter. 

A meal in and of itself. 

Baked Sweet Potato or a regular Baked Potato.  No foil wrapping I like the crispy skin

Depending on the season..roasted asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, green beans, heck any veggie is good

Sauteed mushrooms, lots of them

Salad