jimmy asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Is it rare to die from this?

Long story short I have a broken tooth in my mouth that has been infected for over a year my doctor sent me 2 dosages of antibiotics and I took them I never got around to taking it out as the pain has stopped and it hasn’t come back ever since it’s been over 7 months I plan on taking care of this as soon as the COVID is more under control my question is can I die from this I’m googling to much and seeing it’ll get a abscess and go to my brain and I’ll die I saw it happened to a trucker young I’m 27 and healthy and fit otherwise

I had my first cavity filled back when I was in middle school. The tooth broke in half the next day at school while chewing gum. About a year later it got an abscess and hurt insanely bad. At this point I was like 14. It stopped hurting so I ignored it. 

3 years later I was 17 and had gotten pregnant and finally got heath insurance that would cover dental and I went to the dentist and they immediately pulled the tooth. I had a pretty gnarly abscess for those 3 years and it didn’t kill me, but they took it pretty seriously once I was pregnant because like you said, it CAN cause much larger issues than just tooth pain. Since I was pregnant they couldn’t give me the meds they’d usually give you so I felt every crunch and pull of the tooth (they broke it into a few pieces to be able to pull it easier). Anyways, I didn’t die but I’d get in ASAP because you don’t want an infection. 

As it is broken,it must agree with a got Corona,yet it is not reason.

• kelvin

nope it makes you a hypochondriac troll as you would be dead by now

You can have dental work done during the Covid crisis. You can get emergency hospital care, women can have babies, broken legs can be fixed, etc.. You can also continue to make up excuses to delay needed healthcare.

• Girl

It isn’t common but it can happen. Over time you stuff so much Bacteria in your mouth that feed off the food you eat, and as soon as it rots as much as to reach the nerve underneath the tooth you need to see a doctor because prolonged tooth infection has a possibility of causing it.

Go and make an emergency dentist appointment immediately. This isn’t something that’s a small issue it can lead to a lot more health complications.