Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Am i an asshole for not wanting people on my couch?

So i live with this bxtch who invites people over to sleep on my couch. MY couch. We recently started a fued because shes cheating on my friend and he is choosing her (after 2 months) over his friendship with me (2 years). 

So anyways this weekend i kept putting my coffee table on my couch, but she would take it off while i was asleep. Im raging right now, but if i see her face to face ill punch her.

Am i overreacting? Because i explicitly told her the last time we spoke to use her own stuff and that extends to the couch.

• Sammy

Yes, you are. Your couch is in a public area.

move the couch in your room. please lol

I wouldn't think so.

• P.L.

If there is sufficient room, the best place for YOUR couch is in YOUR room. If you both share a bedsit and don't have separate rooms then I suggest you start looking for a place just for yourself where there will be room for YOUR friends to stay without the other person getting in your way.

• Alan H

Nobody compelled you to live with her.

You are getting wild over trivia,

If you do not like it, move out and take your couch with you

I don't think you're an ******. I would welcome company sitting on my couch, but eating and sleeping on it would not be acceptable to me. The housing situation does not sound good, and it might be time to think about finding a new place. However, if you stay, can you ask her to get a blow-up mattress for her guests? 

• Tj

Best for you is to get away from them and take your couch with you.

• Linda

If you live together as roommates, it's hard to enforce not using the couch you placed there because that's usually shared between two people so she probably feels it is childish of you to ask her not to use your couch or coffee table when she had been able to previously. It's not that you're an a hole if you feel she cheated and you're angry, but if you're on a lease together, being petty or doing things to antagonize her won't make it any easier. Try to be civil to her until you can move away and then never talk to her again but don't start a war because it'll only intensify a volatile atmosphere!

Source(s): Been there before

Why is your best friend's Girlfriend your roommate?  I think I sense a bit of jealousy in your question. 

By the way if she was really cheating on him, the people sleeping over wouldn't be using your couch..they would be in her bed.  If you don't want her to use your couch, then instead of sleeping under a bridge where most trolls sleep, why not sleep on it yourself.  

Don't get in a fight with her. Go wake up your other roommate (the guy) and talk to him when this happens but don't get in a fight. Or quietly go back to sleep and then in the morning, talk about it. "Hey, remember how we discussed I don't want people to sleep on my couch? It seemed at the time that you understood me. I feel disrespected when you remove the coffee table from it. I should not have to put a coffee table on my couch to protect my boundary. If you do not honor my boundary, I will have to wake up that person and ask them to move to another spot or leave." (You can smooth it out better than this probably, but please just don't fight with people.)