mrh-slos asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 6 months ago

Has Notifications gone the same way as Comments?

Until recently was able to get notifications from a link in the top left, then it was changed to the Bell Icon, top right, between photo and mail icons. The icon still exists but clicking it just produces an error message, 'Oops, something went wrong'.

Update:

UPDATE Notification returned yesterday evening. Still working this morning.

Update 2:

Notification gone again since yesterday, 'Oops' message back.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes, both are no longer a part of Yahoo Answers. The site is falling apart quicker then my 92 year old Granny's memory. 

Lv 7
    6 months ago

When you get that Oops message, refresh the screen. Happens to me all the time (in fact, it did just now as well when I checked my Notifications to ensure they were working, before replying to your question). No idea what the glitch is with that function but a screen refresh (or few) seems to resolve it.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That is a glitch. Notifications are still there: https://answers.yahoo.com/notifications

• LAN
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They work fine for me.  Funny how the only people that keep asking this are also the ones that never bother to look and see if a question has been asked before isn't it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I also keep getting the error message no doubt another Yahoo glitch.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No,  notifications have not gone the same way as comments. Some users are able to receive notifications, but some of us cannot! I am like you when I click on the bell I get the 'oops' message, another user informed us that we had to check in our profiles to see if we can receive notifications. I did that as well, and I should be able to receive them but sadly I cannot, so I will just do without.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I think something went wrong but not very wrong 🤡

• 6 months ago

if I click on the  bell, I get notifications just fine. 

• susan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Mine is working at the moment, but some days it isn't working. I think it is another glitch. Keep trying it and it suddenly shows up.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No Notifications is still there I just checked and I was able to get into Notifications just Fine mine came up 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.