Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

Why wasn't Final Fantasy VII Remake titled part 1?

Final Fantasy VII Remake only consists of the beginning of Final Fantasy VII.  Because of that, Square Enix should've called it Final Fantasy VII Remake part 1 or episode 1 or something to that effect.  Simply calling it Final Fantasy VII Remake will make people who pick it up think that it's a remake of the entire game.  It's as bad as when Ralph Bakshi made an animated version of the first half of The Lord of the Rings but didn't market it as such making people who went to see it think that they were going to get to see the whole story.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Most know that the game was like 3 discs on ps1, so to think a remake would be less than 2, is ignorant.

Now will the rest be all DLC?

Hopefully not.

• 1 month ago

its not a copy paste so it isnt a part 1 its different then the OG so that's why dumbass

• 2 months ago

so they make you buy game and you think ‘oh cool the game remade’ and not ‘part 1? Eh not worth the money’

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Before I even ordered a copy of the game it was already well known that your only going to purchase a small fraction of the game. A name is only just a name and really. Does such really matter? It could've been called big pile of **** of all it matters. Knew that it was going to be what is was. So, one this question is. Why even ask this? Who actually thought they were going to get the whole game again?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

isnt it obvious...to scam us...i fully intended to buy the game once it drops in price because my entier life i have been hearing how amazing ff7 is....well the remake is finalyl out and its only the first 5% of the actual FF7....SCAM!!!

• Raditz
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

FF7 Remake (part 1)

FF7 Reunion (part 2)

FF7 Rebirth (part 3)

This is just some example of naming for the new FF7 game, and it's fine. Besides, people who bought it already know that the game will be a multiple parts, since Square Enix themselves has said it countless times in their press releases and interviews.

Lastly, it's 2020. You can easily check news and informations about the game from the internet, which there are loads of them. So I honestly don't believe people were "ill-informed" about the game, unless they're just don't want to know it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

LOTR is a trilogy based on books written 1940's. everyone knows it's a trilogy. 

• 2 months ago

The writers might be unclear on how many parts it's going to be. Realistically would expect 3 or 4 parts for all the content.

Watched a video on Youtube today, apparently saying they want to finish it in 2 part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fptJIFu8pCI

Youtube thumbnail

&t=327s

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.