Is 4500 a lowball for a car priced at 6656?

Im looking to buy a car soon so im just looking around to get an Idea of what I want and prices. There is a 2009 328i bmw for sale at 6656. I would probably want to get 5,000 for it, so when negotiating would 4500 be too much of a lowball to start negotiating at? I personally dont think its too low, but Ive never negotiated a price with anyone and I know some people would take it personal if I ask too low.

Here I am thinking maybe 2K or I move on.  They don't take it personal.  They just say "NO"

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a 11 year old BMW. If you do it will drain your pocketbook with expensive repairs. Get yourself a vehicle that has a good reliability record which is no BMW. Do research and you will end up with a decent car. 

Find out what the car is worth.  Visit Kelley Blue Book.  Shop for similar cars on www.cars.com and www.cargurus.com.  Making a lowball offer is a waste of time

• arther

while standing there with the cash in your hand say so whats the best price you'll let me have it for what ever he says you say I saw another one for $4500 Ill give you $4500 if he says his is better you say the other one is about the same with a few less miles of course either he takes the money, works you up to $5k or you walk home

The "for sale" price doesn't matter.

What is the actual appraisal for the car?

Use edmunds and kelley blue book to find out the appraised value. 

Depends on the mileage and confition, but anything below $6000 is pretty much "low ball" unless it has over 120,000 miles. You'll never get it for $5000 unless it is a private seller desperate for mioney.