Is 4500 a lowball for a car priced at 6656?

Im looking to buy a car soon so im just looking around to get an Idea of what I want and prices. There is a 2009 328i bmw for sale at 6656. I would probably want to get 5,000 for it, so when negotiating would 4500 be too much of a lowball to start negotiating at? I personally dont think its too low, but Ive never negotiated a price with anyone and I know some people would take it personal if I ask too low.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Here I am thinking maybe 2K or I move on.  They don't take it personal.  They just say "NO"

• 2 months ago

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a 11 year old BMW. If you do it will drain your pocketbook with expensive repairs. Get yourself a vehicle that has a good reliability record which is no BMW. Do research and you will end up with a decent car. 

• 2 months ago

Find out what the car is worth.  Visit Kelley Blue Book.  Shop for similar cars on www.cars.com and www.cargurus.com.  Making a lowball offer is a waste of time

• arther
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

while standing there with the cash in your hand say so whats the best price you'll let me have it for what ever he says you say I saw another one for $4500 Ill give you $4500 if he says his is better you say the other one is about the same with a few less miles of course either he takes the money, works you up to $5k or you walk home

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The "for sale" price doesn't matter.

What is the actual appraisal for the car?

Use edmunds and kelley blue book to find out the appraised value. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on the mileage and confition, but anything below $6000 is pretty much "low ball" unless it has over 120,000 miles. You'll never get it for $5000 unless it is a private seller desperate for mioney.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.