Anonymous

Why do so many of us Blacks and Latinos continue to drop out of school in an era where the US is invseting a lot of money in education 4 us ?

In your opinion.

maybe they dont want to catch the corona virus

Because of pure gd LAZINESS.

• bill

According to many black advocates the reason is that they have unstable home lives with no fathers around which makes it very strange that one of the tenets of the BLM manifesto is to abolish the nuclear family.

They are also forcing some schools to downgrade their policies on grammar and literacy .

The reason wouldn't and couldn't be the same for everyone, but it does give rise to another point. Public school is pretty trash and that may be one of many factors for why people go through with it. The truth is "school" is not for everyone. You speak of financial investment, but money is not the end all be all to a good education... a good education is. So we're talking qualified teachers who love to teach and know how to connect with kids rather than flirting with them, or just showing up for a paycheck. We're talking engaging lessons, optimized learning sessions that benefit and tailor to everyone's needs, etc.

Money does not provide those things, love and care does. And from what I can see, there is not a whole lot of love and care in the school system, depending on where you're located. Having Apple laptops in the computer lab makes no difference than if they were fat back Windows XP and Windows 7 desktops (I come from that era), it's about what's actually going on in those schools on a fundamental level. I'm sure if you look at the education levels across the globe, you'll see that many countries take education far more seriously than the US, among many other things.

You mean most blacks. Here in California More Latinos will enroll in college than any other group out there . 

Would that be the same US who’s national motto is written in Lingua Latina, yet it’s aravage citizen thinks Latins are Mezoamericans

I'd say all efforts have been wasted.

Seriously, those people don't even speak Latin. And how do you not even know your own national motto?

deo vindice, e pluribus unum ... et cetera

Can I start by saying the term 'drop out' is where the problem lies.

I left school here in the UK back in the early 80's at the age of 15. I had a guaranteed job through work experience. I was never great academically, but I knew how to make money.

I have done pretty well financially as I have my own business now, all without the need for French, Geography and Woodwork classes.etc.

I think the term 'drop out' is offensive. People know what they are good at and if they want to leave school early to achieve their goals, they should be allowed to without the stigma of that term around their necks.

• 🦋

Its the system.......