Bed bugs in a apartment ?

I am wanting to move into these apartment buildings. But a few of my friends that live there have said that they know people who said they seen a few bed bugs in there apartment. They treated there apartment and dident see them any more. (My question is) say I move into one of these buildings  and treat my place once a month with spray and that power that is suppose to last a mont and kill them if they come in contact with it, put bed bug covers on my box springs and mattress. Do you think my place would stay bed bug free? I know bed bugs move from apartment to apartment but if bought stuff to treat my place spray and the power. 

ive had them in my apt building, and they treated them, ive had my place heat treated and sprayed 5 times, ive also had to get rid of my bed and couch, i now sleep on an airbed, theres no mattress for them to live in and thats one way i got rid of them, this was 2 yrs ago, and i havent had issues since, so yes its possible to get rid of them

• martin

It's almost impossible to get rid of them.  Keep trying, but only to a reasonable extent, then get out of there.