Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

Why does Jack Daniels taste horrible ?

Why does whiskey taste so bad especially the honey version. What’s old number 7, gentlemen jack and single barrel taste like are they just as rancid 

Charcoal and wood flavors.

Maybe try Jim Beam.  

I remember adding vodka to cola one night for the first time ever... now every time I drink any cola I feel sick.

I can't drink whiskey because I got sick on it once after drinking too much of it. Now the smell is enough to turn my stomach.

To me all whiskey is NASTY.  

Probably goes back to my first “drunk” when I was a teen and barfed all over some poor guys car.

Although I have to say I will have a few sips of Fireball, but it has so much sugar and cinnamon it’s more of a dessert than a drink.  And never more than a few sips. 

I find whiskey to be hot and sweet because of the aging process.  Some are more palatable than others.  Hard liquors are an acquired taste.  Not everyone is gonna like whiskey, of any kind, especially if you mix it with sweeteners and flavors that don't belong there.  Try small amounts so you don't waste your money, settle on what provides you the best flavor for the money.

• F

Because it’s not proper whisky. That can only be found in Scotland .

• kswck2

I used to drink black label. Then I found green label. Don't drink it anymore-just use it in BBQ sauce. 

Sorry, have to agree with CB. Anyone who thinks JD Honey, 7, Gentleman, and Single are the same is beyond our help... if for no other reason that, by definition, it is Fats and Oils that turn rancid, not sugars or ethanol.

• CB

Your infantile pussytaste buds have not matured past skittles and starbursts.

• 🦋

Because its strong lol