Could neanderthals be gay?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favourite answer

Yes.

I'm in the 98th percentile for Neanderthal DNA (so proud!), so I'm more convinced than ever that man-to-man love is essential to human life.

God bless the Gay Neanderthals!  

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It is very likely Neanderthals had gay members of their race.

• 6 months ago

It's very likely that some or all of them engaged in homosexual sex, yes, because other primates do.  What may have happened is that they were unable to produce sons when they had intercourse with H. sap. sap.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's entirely possible that some were homosexual, but there would be no way to invesigate what the incidence rate of that was since they've been extinct for so long.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Full blooded neanderthals have been extinct  for quite a long time now. 1) However all modern day humans descended from europeans, asians and native americans, pacific islanders and australians - have about 3% neanderhal dna in us due to interbreeding. So we were sexually compatible. Maybe there were some same sex pairings that happened. There might have even been a prehistoric bath house! 2) every species known to man has lgbt members in it. Therefore it is most likely that some were lgbt too and really should not come as any surprise. In fact I think I do recall the remains of a male neaderthal were found a few years ago but they were buried in the manner of a woman. Maybe a trans neanderthal? One can only speculate. 

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

There is a chance that some of them were, since there are lots of other animals which are gay.

• 6 months ago

Its continuing prevalence among mammals today suggests that some may well have been. Some ancient Egyptian and Baylonian art depicts homosexual acts of affection.

• 6 months ago

Do you mean "Could neanderthals HAVE BEEN gay"? Certainly some neanderthals were gay. Probably about 7-10%, the same percentage as today.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You sound like it

Source(s): Calvin Holmes
  • 6 months ago

No.  Homosexuality is a modern societal perversion.  It is not natural

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.