Kelly asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Why can’t I comment on the people comments on my question?

I post a question on yahoo answers if someone comments on it.  I can’t comment back there is no button for it.  Why is that? 

10 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The comment function was removed a week and a half ago, as the DOZENS of questions in this subcategory about that topic, make apparent.

Source(s): Comment ability removed 7/23/2020: Per Yahoo: "In order to strengthen and improve community and engagement, we are temporarily disabling comments. Our goal is always to create a safe, engaging place to connect over interests and passions and we’d love your feedback on how to improve this experience. Please email us your feedback at yahoocommentfeedback@verizonmedia.com"
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The Yahoo crew just did something bad to this site.  They never stop playing with the site.

• 2 months ago

Isn't it obvious? Comments were removed because people used comments only to create more arguments. And I wouldn't be surprised if the anonymous feature goes away next.

• Comments with obvious distortion and lies should not be allowed to go unchallenged! Most of those comments are supported by Yahoo and this is their way to the  controll the narrative with their paid commenters!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yahoo has Temporary Disabled Comments Until they turn them Back on you wont be able to Comment

on any Answers

They made a Announcement about it here is what they have to say about It

In order to strengthen and improve community and engagement with our audience, we are temporarily disabling comments. Our goal is always to create a safe, engaging place to connect over interests and passions. Please feedback to yahoocommentfeedback@verizonmedia.com

• 2 months ago

There is dear , you have just to find it under the reply on which u want to comment

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can still do it on a Yahoo+ paid account.

• 2 months ago

For the upteenth time, the comments were disabled across the entire Yahoo platform, including commenting on YA answers. This was for security and safety reasons. Also, there are legal liability reasons for Verizon because of increasing spamming, violent threats, and attempts to breach security around a presidential election. They did the same thing in 2012 and 2016.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Commenting on answers has been removed. For how long we don't know. It could be temporary, or it could be permanent.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's been disabled due to security reasons with the upcoming presidential elections.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.