Will a QB be benched if threw 4 pick six in the 1st quarter?

Update:

Especially in the Super Bowl

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Lester
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Yes but in the superbowl they might not do it. It all depends on who the back up is

• 2 months ago

I would say yes. Then the NFL would investigate the team for fixing the game or points shaving.

I am being a little facetious, but you can bet (no pun intended) Las Vegas would want an investigation. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would hope so....I suppose it would depend on how confident the coach was with his backup.

• 2 months ago

Definitely should be benched. He clearly isn't the qb to start in this game. He could be cut if he has done this a lot of times. 

Of course there are great Defenses, but even though, no qb should throw 4 pick sixes and expect to keep their starting job.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Dude would be hoping he isn't CUT after the game. Yeah throwing 4 INTs in the first quarter would likely get you benched, that they went for 6 isn't going to really make a difference other hten the score. It makes you wonder how horrible the back up is if they left him in that long, unless he IS the back up and the starter went down already(possible, but highly unlikely) Even if it's the back up they are likely to get benched because by then the coach wouldn't calling pass plays so they'd be going against the called play.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Quarterback would probably be benched before throwing 4 pick six's in a quarter.  Then again, if their team is still in the lead after that, they might stay in the game.    

• Cory
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

There's no way a QB would still be in the game after 2 pick sixes in the fourth quarter. Unless they're winning and at that point, they're running the ball the rest of the game, anyway. 

Yes that includes Tom Brady.

• 2 months ago

Yep they would most likely

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

He could be benched.

• 2 months ago

There's no one size fits all answer to that question.  Not all interceptions are created equal.  Nor all quarterbacks.  Nor all games.  If Tom Brady did that, no, you wouldn't bench him.  If some unproven player did it, they definitely would.  And every nuance in between.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.