If the Bible is the stick of Judah, then what is the stick of Ephraim?

My Church teaches it is the Book of Mormon. Or the Marvelous Work and a Wonder in Isaiah 29. 

• 1 week ago

It is by analogy a book of scripture from another branch of the House of Israel.  Remember that the northern kingdom, Israel, was called Ephraim in some places in the scriptures.  The book could come from any of the ten tribes associated with the kingdom of Israel.  The Book of Mormon has a stronger claim to be the stick of Ephraim than any other book widely available today.

• 5 days ago

Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. Ezekial 37:19

The Book of Mormon is the stick of Joseph. It is a religious history of a group of people who escaped Jerusalem and traveled across the ocean to the American continent just before Jerusalem was destroyed in 600 bc. The book states that the people were descendants of Joseph who was sold into Egypt. It contains the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it clearly testifies of the stick of Judah (the bible).

See the blessing given to Joseph in Genesis 49. Here is a portion of it that talks about Joseph's posterity going over the water:

"Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well (water); whose branches (posterity) run over the wall:  

The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills (there is a mountain range that goes around the whole earth. The Rocky Mountains are part of it. The utmost bounds would be on the other side of the earth from Jerusalem): they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren."

The metal plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated were taken out of a hill in New York. The ancient inhabitants of America who wrote the records were commanded by God to bury them and were promised that they would come forth to future generations."Truth shall spring out of the earth" Psalm 85:7"And thou shalt be brought down, and shalt speak out of the ground, and thy speech shall be low out of the dust, and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust." Isaiah 29:4Before it's translation, an associate of Joseph Smith (Martin Harris) took a list of the characters from the plates to a professor (Anthon) who confirmed that they were real characters. Anthon asked to see the records so  that he could translate them and was told by Martin that part of the records was sealed. Anthon then said that he could not read a sealed book. Joseph Smith was originally uncomfortable translating them because he was extremely uneducated, but did so by revelation."And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid."  Isaiah 29:11-14The Church of Jesus Christ is not just a bible church but is led by God through revelation to living apostles.

• User
    1 week ago

The Bible is not "the stick of Judah".

The question is moot.

1 week ago

If your Church teaches it is the Book of Mormon then your church is filled with crazy people. There is no god and as stupid as the Bible is, the Mormon Bible is way, way stupider.

• TeeM
    1 week ago

Since the Bible isn't the stick of Judah, your question is moot.

.

• 1 week ago

The Jews are the stick of Judah.

The stick of Ephraim is of the 10 lost tribes.  This is true but those who have come to God through faith in Christ are included in the ten tribes.

The book of Mormon is heresy.

Bible codes have been found that show such.

1 week ago

The two sticks prophesied the two covenants of God with his people, aka the two testaments.

A scroll — a record on parchment, wrapped around a rod — was known as a “stick.” According to the prophet Ezekiel, two records were to exist, one written by descendants of Judah. The other, written for descendants of Joseph.

• 1 week ago

True Catholic Bibles contain 73 books.  A person can have more respect for both the Catholic Faith and the Bible by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity.