Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 week ago

Why is Sin the root cause of all suffering in the world? Do you think that is the case?

• Paul
    1 week ago

Not all suffering, but a great deal of it. There are three sources of the suffering in each of our lives - our own sins, the sins of others, and the laws of nature.

• 1 week ago

No, some suffering is inherent in mortality, such as childbirth and death.  People just want to add to our suffering by their evil doings.

• 1 week ago

We don't get to choose, GOD already did.

• 1 week ago

Cause and effect.

• Yes I do exactly

• 1 week ago

Sin is imaginary . It's a case of imagination .

• 1 week ago

Because sin means selfishness and it ruins all. 

• 1 week ago

I do not believe that is the case. If it were why do animals suffer? Besides which it leads to a logical trap. Most sins cause others to suffer. If suffering is from sinning does that mean all victims deserve it?

I commit a sin of say violence. Well if sinning leads to suffering that means the person I hurt must have sinned and they got what they deserved.

As much as I do not like the Bible there are two books in it that I think everyone should read Job and Ecclesiastes. Both freely admit that the good and bad happen to us often regardless of how we behave. Life is unfair by it's nature. The moral lesson to learn from this is never to look at someone in misery and think they deserve what they got because you don't know that is true for them and it is definitely not true for you. You came into this world that is ready made every breath of air you breath is given to you for free.

The moral lesson is to help those in pain not sit in judgement over them.

1 week ago

The Bible defines sin as human imperfection in stark contrast to the perfection of God.

He didnt make or intend for us to live apart fron him and to make our own ways.

So when we make bad decisions, we suffer in some manner.

Jeremiah 10:23 KJV — O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Proverbs 14:12 KJV — There are ways which seemeth right unto a man, but the ends thereof are the ways of death.

• yesmar
    1 week ago

Yes, but not necessarily our sin.  Believers tend to discount or dismiss the fallen nature of this world and universe due to the "sin" of spirit beings influencing it for billions of years before we even got here.