Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 months ago

Why does steak taste better when it's well done?

48 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Blech!

I accidentally overcooked a sirloin the other night, I guess technically it was well done.  I managed to eat part of it but the rest was thoroughly enjoyed by my dogs...

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

This is your opinion and not everyone shares it! Personally I prefer mine medium rare!

• 4 months ago

Because you like the taste and texture of charred rubber. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I prefer the taste of steak when it's medium rare. It's personal taste.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

That is your personal opinion, not everyone.  I only like steak when it is prepared medium.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

To you it tastes better because you like it that way. Lots of people prefer it medium or rare.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

OMG you're so right, I love it when a steak is done well. A good cut with a juicy pink interior (maybe even bloody!) is incredible.

• 4 months ago

A well-done steak is a waste of a good steak.

• 4 months ago

YOU may think it tastes better in YOUR opinion. 

I personally like MY steak done medium rare, sometimes rare depending on the steak. 

For over 30 years I had to cook my husbands steak to well done and mine the way I like it.  I solved the timing problem by thawing his steak and cooking mine from frozen.  By the time his was done mine was crusted on the outside and thawed in the center. Perfect..Win/Win. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

It doesn't. You were brought up that way to only eat it one way. My wife Refused to  eat a steak anything but well done. So one night I had a medium rare rib eye and I made her a well done slab of chuck roast. Told her if she refuses to try it done properly, she can eat crap the rest of her life. Changed her mind awfully fast. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.