I would like avast to leave me alone.  Pop ups are annoying.  If I wanted their service would say so! How to get rid of this nightmare?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Uninstall it with ccleaner. Clean the registry with ccleaner. Go into regedit and delete all avast registry keys. Go to "ninite.com" and download and install AVG, and malwarebytes.

• 4 months ago

Download the latest version of Avast! They have done away with those popups in the new version.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Just have it uninstalled.

Source(s): Reality.
  • 4 months ago

To disable pop up notifications:

open the Avast click Menu - Settings.Select the general tile and then click notifications.Tick the box next to Use silent mode and turn off all pop-ups, alerts, and messages.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Uninstall it.  This is a tool to do just that

https://www.avast.com/en-us/uninstall-utility

Antiviruses take measures to ensure a virus can't remove them.  As a result, they are often difficult to get rid of. So they make tools like in the link to remove them.

The built in Windows Defender is as good as any these days.  Your habits matter WAY WAY more than any tool.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

you can block , delete or uninstall all the processes that cause the pop-ups search on yahoo for details

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

If your using Windows 10, then you don't need Avast.   Windows 10 has it's own Anti Virus program.

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

if you're using the free version of avast these pop-ups are called adware, advertisements to buy certain products. it goes with the territory,don't like it then get another free anti-virus.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

The real nightmare is youtube ads. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

If you're getting popups from Avast, it is because you installed it or paid a technician to install it. In other words, you did want their service, or didn't mind it until your free subscription expired.

To uninstall it, open the Control Panel, click "Uninstall a program", and select Avast in the list.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.