Thought on co- parenting/sperm donors?

I’m 25 and thinking of sometime before I’m 30 trying co parenting or a sperm donor because I don’t want to wait around and then be too old to have kids. 

What are people’s experience doing this, or tips? 

• LizB

Using a sperm donor would in many ways be easier, because there would never be any disagreements about parenting styles or custody arrangements, because the biological father would have no parental rights (presuming you went through a sperm bank). However that would mean being a single parent, which is a difficult task unless you have local family willing to help out and/or can afford to pay for reliable childcare.

That said, 5 years is a long time, and you could easily find a partner before you're 30 if you made some effort to get out there. WHO you find needs to be important, though. If you're only goal is to have kids and you don't care who with, that's likely to scare quality partners away.