Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

Percentage wise, are there more stupid people in the world than ever before?

Stupid is defined as "lacking in intelligence or common sense". Some might argue that humanity has reduced its average IQ via all the toxins we've put into the environment. But in general most people have as much intellect as they ever have. It's the common sense that's in short supply these days as things like critical thinking and basic causality is no longer valued nor encouraged. 

yes look at how many voted for trump

We just notice them more because they are all on social media.

• T'rone

YES!!  I'm 55 and the stupid have been breeding like rats for decades.

• xyzzy

No there always have been more stupid people than smart people. It is just there are so many more of them and it is easy for them to express themselves.

Of course not!

In the global human population it's ALWAYS a statistical certainty that 50% will be of above average IQ and 50% below. 

There are however more stupid people in America than ever before as is evidenced by the Trump supporters on Y!A

• Bill

Stupid people are getting in charge and getting more publicity and attention. Morons are making millions being “influencers.”  I can’t explain it. I don’t think the percentage is any higher. There are more because of population growth and we are aware of them because of TV and social media.  I shake my head every day. 

The standard may rise and fall, but those who fall below it stays much the same.  The problem is that the rise of idiot politicians in the USA and the UK means that stupid people feel empowered.

• y

Same, it's just now social media puts them on display.