Can I catch a virus by clicking a link?

I was reading my emails with outlook and clicked accidentally on a blank email and the link says that, can I have a virus because of it or?

Thanks for your answers.

of course.

if the 'link'  that you 'click'  loads an executable or installs something , you're done for.

install kasperspy or aVG ,  and use ms security essentials.

quarantine anything suspicious. 

Absolutely yes.  If you have a decent Internet Security Package, however, it should scan your mail for unusual attachments.

• Steven

Yes, it can destroy your system, so ignore it... 

that is probably the number one way people get viruses , criminals can put invisible links in e-mails that download a virus if you accidentally click or even mouse over them

Yes!                 

• Lv 7

listen...you shouldn't click on ANY links until you see where they take you.

you can either hover over them with your mouse and look in the bar at the bottom, or on your phone, long press the link and copy it, then paste it to view.

• Sharon

Most likely you will only get a virus if you click on and download an attachment.

Possibly...