Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 6 months ago

Can I run the AC in my car during a drive in movie?

I have a Toyota Prius 2013 and just want to make sure my battery won’t die. Is it okay if I run my AC the entire time during a double feature 4 hour movie?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Sure,  as long as you run the engine too.   The battery is not sufficient for that length of time, specially if it is not out. 

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

EPIC DUMBASS FAIL. Read your owner's manual.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A drive-in movie?  Are you serious?

• 6 months ago

It is OK with me.  But you will annoy everyone around you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

"Can I run the AC in my car during a drive in movie?"

Short answer is no, your battery will probably drain beyond its starting capacity.  And this has nothing to do with AC by the way.  You will not benefit from the AC system unless the car is running because they compressor is driven by the motor through a fan belt.  But just running the fan for two hours even without the benefit of AC will probably drain your battery to the point where you will not be able to restart the engine.

UPDATE - Oops!  My bad.  I see this is a hybrid.  So the answer is that the car will start up to recharge the batteries.  I'm not sure if AC is available while the engine is not running with this particular model of hybrid.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The car should automatically turn on to recharge the batteries if the battery gets low.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.