Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

I need a new car so I can drive for Uber and rent it out.... which one should I get?

1. 2020 Hyundai Sonata

2. 2020 Honda Accord

3. 2020 Toyota Camry

4. 2020 Mazda 6

5. 2020 Nissan Altima

Which one?????

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

honda all day. there are by far the most reliable. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I’ve heard that many Uber drivers are rapist 

• 2 months ago

I ran my 1997 Toyota Camry for 20 years, it's probably got 257,000 miles on it, and still runs great.  Only big thing I had done was change the transmission.

I would definitely try to buy used before new though.  I don't think Uber or Lyft really care about compensating you for a vehicle purchase.  But if it were me, I would definitely go with 3, Toyota Camry.  They are very reliable, as long as you keep up maintenance on it.

• 2 months ago

None. A tesla. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Get the car that you think will attract more costumers and that’ll make you more well known in your area:)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Tesla S! It has 400 mile range and 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Either of these cars. They're all good cars. 

• 2 months ago

Don't drive for Uber. You will put gobs of wear and tear on your vehicle with no compensation from them. You won't make enough to justify using up your car

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get all 5 .

You can't rent out a car you don't own,Skippy.

• 2 months ago

just base it upon 2 things:

Reliability (cost of maintenance),

running costs.

You may have to pick 5door or even estate versions as opposed to 4 door. Diesel seems to be much more economic choice.

Just by brand reputation i would go with Honda (pros of this is: huge world-wide network of dealers and services, very solid cars historically speaking)

But Mazdas, toyotas, Mitsubishis, Nissans are all Japanese so should be just as reliable, if you are near a service or dealer you are obviously better off picking that particular brand.

And i have no clue about running costs so thats something you need to look into if you plan on ferrying around people. Also dont get leather seats, get cloth seats and use some sturdy covers on them too. make it as low maintenance as you can - preferably have interior able to take hose cleaning without breaking.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.