Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

If I don't have meat most days of the week, does that mean I eat like a vegetarian most days?

• If you eat meat some days but not others, you could call yourself a flexitarian. But unless you eat no animal flesh (and this includes sea creatures), you aren't vegetarian.

Yep. I wouldnt say you are a vegetarian, just that you dont eat a lot of meat

If you don't eat meat most days, then you're following what our ancestors followed mostly. and that isn't a vegetarian diet. In the past most people were lucky to have meat as a part of their meal three times a week. Most meals many days were plant based whole foods.But you're still following an omnitarian diet. Although diets that has small amounts of meat (that includes poultry/fowl and fish, seafood, and shellfish) four to five times a week. Look at the blue zone diets, and you'll see that meat is more of a side, than the main course. Which is something to many people see meats as being, the main course of the meal.

Being a vegetarian or vegan is about belief.   A vegetarian will eat SOME meat.   Like fish.    Will eat dairy products, eggs and such.      They believe generally, that it's not okay to kill an animal for food.       A vegan will not eat ANY animal product.   Nothing with animal fat even.       So it all depends on what your beliefs are on the subject.  Not on your diet.

• denise

Well it certainly sounds that way!

It would mean you are a semi-vegetarian.

• kswck2

And I quit drinking-Every Monday Morning. SO that makes me a teetotaller, most of the time. 

A vegetarian TYPICALLY foregoes meats, but not animal  byproducts such as milk, eggs cheese etc, so yeah, I guess you probably would fall under that catagory.

No, a vegetarian eats NO meat at all, at any time. To “eat like a vegetarian” you would need to eat no meat ALL days.

No, not vegetarian but a very sensible and responsible way to eat. The Mediterranean diet, one of the healthiest, uses some meat, but generally more like a seasoning than as the central part of the dish. That eating plan focuses on fresh fruits and veggies, pasta, cheeses and some meat. You're doing yourself and the planet a favor.