JohnT asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Should First Class passengers be held up by coach people?

I am an elite frequent flyer and log a lot of miles on several carriers in both the United States and abroad. I was recently flying from Atlanta to JFK, returning from a very important social engagement in PAID FIRST CLASS (paid for by me, not my employer, with money, not frequent flyer miles). We were all set for an ontime departure when they suddenly announced that there was a problem with the lavatories. I was annoyed, but I understood. It was not until I spoke with a flight attendant that I became really annoyed. It was not the regular lavatories that were having problems, but the COACH lavatories. The delay wound up being nearly 40 mintues. To me, this is completely unacceptable for such a short flight. I find it completely inappropriate to delay first class passengers due to some issue in coach or business. Sure, I would not want a bunch of coach people using the first class lavatory, but I guess I would consider approving it in an absolute emergency. I think the airline mishandled this situation, and the first class passengers should be entitled to compensation. How should I go about handling this?

You stuck up, arrogant, egotistic c**t!  Im surprised you didnt say that coach and business should not be allowed on the same plane as you. You wouldnt be happy with coach using first class lavatories? Who the f**k do you THINK you are?  You are NO better than ANYONE you prick, and you want compensation because you were delayed  by a whole 40 minutes? People such as yourself need to realise that this 2020, not the 1950's, the days of Rosa Parks are long gone

• pmt853

I think you and your massive ego should spend your very important time on Y!A to give the rest of us a chance to have a good snigger at you. Don't forget your monocle and top hat.

I always wait until last to deboard. It's much easier not to have to navigate around everyone. Plus, my leg is messed up and I walk too slow for everyone behind me

• Joseph

You're right.  They should have bumped all the first class passengers off the flight and let the coach passengers sit in the first class and use the fist class lavatories.

"should be entitled to compensation"... Interesting.

Okay there was a an issue with the aircraft and they delayed boarding due to something in coach class which happens on occasion.

What you should do is to to pony up the money to charter a private jet so you won't experience this.

Source(s): With my bowels, I will guarantee you that you don't want me to drop a duce in your pristine toilets. My co-workers refer to me as the "Fifth Plague".
  • F

But they always are. Even on flights without classes, people who have paid extra get to board first and then have to wait while everyone else does.

Come on, people. Isn't this obviously a troll?

• JuanB

Yes the delay was justified.  Coach people using the First Class lavatory would be unacceptable.

Personally I don't believe a word you say, I think that this is a trolling question written just to wind people up.

• J

Wow you’re pretty full of yourself. Did it ever occur to you that the people in coach felt the same way? They don’t want to be delayed either. They paid for their tickets too. You just paid extra to have more comfortable seats and better service. That doesn’t make you better or more entitled than anyone else. If you’re so important that you can’t be bothered with the “regular people problems,” then why don’t you charter a private plane? The whole world doesn’t revolve around you. What if the first class bathroom was broken and you had to use THEIR bathroom? You think because you paid for a better seat that you’re actually better than the people who bought cheap seats? Get down off that high horse! You sound like the ãsshole rich people in the titanic movie that insisted that the first class passengers get separate life boats as the other passengers. I suppose if there was an emergency and you had to evacuate that you’d expect everyone to wait for you to exit first. God, you’re an ãsshole.