Driven asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 2 months ago

There has been 2 or 3 accidents in Sacramento area due to people driving with mask on in own car?  I am weary of that site for road safety ?

I have read some mask cut off sight lines in driving which wonder why some people drive with them. a man in Placer Counity in Northen  Califronia crashinto a tree had a mask on all day and was driving and lost oxygen too them brain he's alive but dangerous. I don't drive cause I need a modified car if I did i have no mask on I can dig when in a business or gong to the door inside all day if I did drive even with my mom and aunt I no mask cause I'd be afraid of crashing   

• Edna

Unless a driver has a mask pulled up over his eyes,  I can't imagine how wearing a mask could cut off his line-of-sight The mask is covering his nose and his mouth - it's not covering his eyes.

About the only thing a driver would have a hard time doing while he's wearing a mask would be singing along with the radio.

Why anyone would find it necessary to wear a mask while he's inside his car, driving down the road, is beyond me - but that's an entirely different topic.  

Todo esta muy loco.

There actually been accidental deaths caused by masks, but you got everything else wrong.

It happens one day a year, on October 31, when children wearing Halloween masks (and not old enough to drive) have trouble seeing cars and get hit.

Masks used by drivers due to COVID-19 don't reduce oxygen to the brain.  Oxygen to the brain may have been cut off after the driver hit the tree, because the injuries from crashing into a tree can interfere with breathing.  However, the only reason that oxygen would have been cut off before the car hit the tree would be if the driver already had COVID-19 (or asthma or whatever) and that was what stopped the driver from breathing.

Masks don't cut off oxygen or sight lines.

• Erik

Nonsense, masks don't cut off sight lines.  Even if they did, you could just remove them while you drive.  It's always strange to me to see someone driving alone and wearing a mask.

• Ron

Bullshite. No one gets their oxygen cut off from wearing a mask. No one is required to wear a mask when driving unless the company, Uber, requires it

Is the mask causing the accident or is it a normal accident and they happened to be wearing masks.