Amy asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Does Coronavirus stay in your system forever once you get it? ?

I understand you can only spread it for 2 weeks when you have it but does the virus stay in your system for good now?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It appears no more than the common cold. Very unfortunate.

• 2 months ago

No, it's an RNA virus which doesn't transcribe its genome into nuclear DNA.

• 2 months ago

i thought after you get rid of it you become immune but i may be wrong

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No there is evidence that people who have had COVID-19 no longer even have antibodies a couple months after having it so no it doesn’t stay

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

NNnnoooo. 1st of all, you can start spreading CV-19 within 96 hours of getting it and continue to spread it well after you're no longer symptomatic (assuming you live that long). Like most viruses since they're not part of the body's flora once it *IS* gone, it's gone. The problems? The antibodies don't seem to last too long (think tetanus booster) and the virus mutates fairly rapidly (think yearly flu shot reformulation).

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The scientists just don't know that much about it yet .  Just figuring out how to control the spread is on their minds right now.

• 2 months ago

We dont have enough info yet to fully characterize that.  I have patients who have been testing positive on multiple swabs since Feb. I suspect it may be a lengthy clearing for some. Others, repeat swabs are negative. No one size fits all here.

• 2 months ago

You will develop and immunity that is transposed to your DNA, so that future generations will develop a resistance.  You already have some immunity to it.  It is just that this isn't a naturally occurring form of the disease.  It was genetically manipulated in a laboratory to cause harm.  So, this is a new type of virus and you system will adjust so that you can continue to evolve as a human being.

• 2 months ago

It’s not true about the 2 weeks. It varies but the average is about 10 days after you show symptoms. You can be contagious 2 days before you show any symptoms and 10 days after you last had a fever without taking any fever reducer and you start to show improvements. 

The antibodies probably don’t stay in your body forever because some people have caught it twice. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.